We believe that the United States was built to uphold white supremacy.
We believe that it is not enough to be kind and loving on an individual/family level.
We believe that we must actively choose to be anti-racist and actively support those who are breaking down the systems that keep racial disparities in place.
As such, we are committed:
– to provide $200/year to each of our team members to be used towards anti-racism trainings, books, resources, and causes so we can all further our individual work
– to supporting the groups and organizations that are working to dismantle racist systems; Lumos and our team doulas match will $25 from each doula contract (so a total of $50 from each contract), and we actively work to encourage white families to understand the privilege they have and donate additional money to support BIPOC organizations and birthworkers
– to provide classroom and meeting space free of charge to BIPOC organizations
– to explicitly incorporate awareness of birth disparities into our teaching and our birth work
– to continue to amplify the voices of those working to create change locally and nationally to our community